[sle-beta] [DELAY] SLE 15 SP2 Public Release Candidate 2 delayed to early next week.

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri May 15 07:34:52 MDT 2020

In the past few days we have found, in our internal milestones, new
issues preventing booting on some specific scenarios, thus we had to
restart the building cycle to integrate the needed fixes. Which means
that we also had to restart our manual and automatic testing before
being able to release Public Release Candidate 2.

This is of course causing a delay and we plan to be able to release Public
RC 2 in early next week.

Just for your information, in case like this we don't have to rebuild
our entire distribution (thousands of packages) but we can only
rebuild a subset, in this case, around 60 packages had to be rebuild,
including the kernel. Since the kernel is a very particular package
(to say the least) it took a little over 10 hours for the rebuild and the
generation of new ISOs and Images for all architectures to be
finished. But now we need to give time to our QA teams to redo their
complete manual and automatic tests cycle before officially
approving our internal milestones as Public RC2 and starting the
uploading process.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you in touch as soon as
we have an update.

Contact

If you have _ANY_ concerns, doubts, inquiry, etc please contact
beta-programs at lists.suse.com.

Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

Do not hesitate to contact us at beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you
have any questions.

Click here to unsubscribe.[1]

0from%20SLE%20Beta&body=Unsubscribe%20from%20SLE%20Beta