[ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP3 Public Release Candidate is out!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at suse.com
Thu Apr 29 14:42:00 UTC 2021

We are happy to announce Public Release Candidate for SUSE Linux
Enterprise 15 Service Pack 3!

This is an important milestone towards our official release! It is
without saying that now our Release Management team[1] will only
accept code submissions for security fixes and the most important bug
fixes!

Everything else will be considered for Maintenance Updates
post-release or to be integrated in the future Service Pack 4.

Download[2]

What happened since Public Beta

In less than 2 months since the Public Beta, we have updated 383
packages, added 136 new ones and removed a grant total of 26 packages.

All of these were provided to you as updates through our online
channels, but now we have respinned our Installation Media which are
available for download[3]. Please refer to our FAQ[3] for more
information on our Update Channels.

You can check out our complete changelog files[4] for more
information, but be aware that these files are huge and contain a lot of
information. Thus we recommend you to look for specific package
entries or to check out our updated Release Notes[5] for a more general
and abstracted source of information.

Kernel Application Binary Interface (kABI) freeze

Since Online Update 20210409 there won't be any changes regarding the
set of in-kernel symbols used by drivers and other kernel modules (i.e
kABI).

Updated Kernel

- kernel-source: 5.3.18-56.2

Updated packages (selection)

- 389-ds: 1.4.4.14~git0.37dc95673-1.1
- autoyast2 4.3.77-1.1
- MozillaFirefox: 78.10.0-8.38.1
- MozillaThunderbird: 78.10.0-8.23.1
- gcc10: 10.2.1+git583-1.3.4
- gcc7: 7.5.0+r278197-4.25.1
- git: 2.26.2-3.31.1
- gnome-shell: 3.34.5-8.1
- go1.16: 1.16.2-1.8.1
- nginx: 1.19.8-1.1
- nodejs14: 14.16.0-5.9.1
- openldap2: 2.4.46-9.51.1
- openssl-1_0_0: 1.0.2p-3.37.1
- openssl-1_1: 1.1.1d-11.20.1
- mariadb: 10.5.8-1.5
- postgresql13: 13.2-5.6.1
- python39: 3.9.0-3.21
- qemu: 5.2.0-9.16
- redis: 6.0.10-1.7.1
- rmt-server: 2.6.8-1.1
- ruby2: 2.5.8-4.14.1
- s390-tools: 2.15.1-6.4
- salt: 3002.2-6.1
- scap-security-guide: 0.1.54-1.7.2
- shim: 15.4-1.2
- slurm: 20.11.5-bp153.1.2
- systemd: 246.13-4.2
- transactional-update: 3.2.2-1.1
- wicked: 0.6.65-2.1

openSUSE Leap 15.3 RC

Since openSUSE Leap and SUSE Linux Enterprise are developed in sync,
openSUSE Leap 15.3 is also entering the Release Candidate phase[6].

One more thing

William Brown from our 389-ds team taped an awesome video about
Migrating to 389-ds from openldap2[7] on YouTube. Please check it out
and we would be happy to hear about your migration test with SLES 15 SP3.

More information

Schedule[8]
Changelog[9]
Known issues[9]

Questions?

If you have any questions, please contact us at
beta-programs at suse.com.

Your SUSE Linux Enterprise team

Click here to unsubscribe[10]

[1]:https://www.suse.com/c/how-suse-builds-its-enterprise-lin
ux-distribution-part-3/

[2]:https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download
[3]:https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-reg
[4]:https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#changelogs
[5]:https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#releasenotes
[6]:https://news.opensuse.org/2021/04/28/opensuse-leap-153-en
ters-rc-phase/

[7]:https://youtu.be/qrbtWOXOhtA
[8]:https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#releases
[9]:https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#knownissues
%20SLE%20Public%20Beta%20Program&body=Unsubscribe%20from%20SL
E%20Public%20Beta%20Program