15.3 PRC: SE Linux Policy loading failed

Bernd ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Sat May 15 00:45:01 UTC 2021

Hello,

I just installed 15.3 PRC in a Hyper-V VM (UEFI with secure boot) to do
some qualification testing. I used the Full ISO and installed SLES with
only the base system module in minimal configuration and no registration.
In the installer I enabled SELinux in advisory mode.

This seems to freeze, in the first boot after Yast has installed the
system. Eearly in systemd after the kernel is loaded with:

[8.5...] systemd[1]: Failed to load SELinux policy.
[!!!!!] Failed to load SELinux policy.
.. Freezing Execution

When using the grub boot config editor and removing "security=selinux
selinux=1 enforcing=1" from the linuxefi kernel command line, it succeeded
to boot.

BTW: when I only change enforcing=1 to enforcing=0 the boot continues but
shows quite a few errors about SELin ux label cannot be determined on
systemd sockets because "Function not implemented".and in operations there
are errors like broken name resolution.

I have not yet tried with more modules. Do I need the Application Server
module?

I noticed that selinux-tools (from base module) is not installed in minimal
(only "libselinux1" is present). If a user selects SELInux, it should
probably add that packacge to the list. However I added this package
manually, and it did not help with the situation.

Want me to file a bugzilla? I havent seen it in "Known Issues" here: SLE
Beta (suse.com) <https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#knownissues>

BTW: I also turned off DHCPv6, but wicket dhcp6 seems to be started anyway?

Gruss
Bernd