15.3 PRC: SE Linux Policy loading failed

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Sun May 16 10:53:33 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Sat, May 15, Bernd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed 15.3 PRC in a Hyper-V VM (UEFI with secure boot) to do some
> qualification testing. I used the Full ISO and installed SLES with only the
> base system module in minimal configuration and no registration. In the
> installer I enabled SELinux in advisory mode.

I assume you mean SLES 15 SP3 and not Leap 15.3?
It's really helpful to use correct product and version names, own created
version numbers only lead to confusion and wrong advice.

In short: as documented since a long time, SLES does not come with a
SELinux policy, you need to bring your own with you.
I don't know why this option is visible in YaST, as only SLE Micro comes
with full SELinux support.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS
Managing Director: Felix Imendoerffer (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)