15.3 PRC: SE Linux Policy loading failed

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Sun May 16 16:25:12 UTC 2021

On Sun, May 16, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> > I assume you mean SLES 15 SP3 and not Leap 15.3?
>
> Yes, this is the SLE mailing list.

But there is no SLE product with the version number 15.3!

> > In short: as documented since a long time, SLES does not come with a SELinux
> policy
>
> The release notes only states that 15.3 does support SELinux, it should
> probably add a warning that it lacks default policies.

15.3 is openSUSE Leap.

# grep VERSION= /etc/os-release
# VERSION="15-SP3"

Is it so difficult to use the correct version number to not confuse
other people?

I filled a bug for SLES 15 SP3 that the release notes are not correct.

> > I don't know why this option is visible in YaST, as only SLE Micro comes with
> full SELinux support.
>
> What is SLE Micro?

https://www.suse.com/c/suse-linux-enterprise-micro-5-0-is-generally-available/

 Thorsten