[ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP6 PublicBeta-202403 is out!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at suse.com
Mon Mar 11 15:51:46 UTC 2024

We are thrilled to start our Public Beta Program for SUSE Linux
Enterprise 15 Service Pack 6 with the release of PublicBeta-202403.

Important notice

Refresh Service Pack

SLE 15 SP6 is a "Refresh[1]" Service Pack. And so, our Release
Management team has provided guidance to our engineering for
updating packages in SLE 15 SP6 to a new openSUSE Factory version.
Still we are carefully evaluating and accepting package updates,
while checking for the latest changes in the upstream project and
verifying it is not breaking any ABI.

Beta Registration Codes

Please contact us at beta-programs at suse.com to request your Beta
Registration Codes, in case you want to benefit from our Online
Updates on your installed system or for testing online migration!

What happened since Service Pack 5

We are providing updates through our online channels. Please refer to
our FAQ[2] for more information on our Update Channels.

SUSE Linux Enterprise Service Pack 6 is a featureful update, bringing
the Linux Kernel 6.4, glibc 2.38, GNOME 45, OpenSSL 3.1, Java 21,
PostgreSQL 16.

OpenSSH has been updated to version 9.3. Password root login, which
has always been allowed in SLE15 via the standard sshd configuration,
is now enabled by the openssh-server-config-rootlogin package. To
keep the same behaviour as previous Service Packs, this package is
installed by default.

libnsl.so.1 has been split from the main glibc package to the libnsl1
package, which is still installed by default as part of the base
patterns.

We would like to remind you that SLE 15 SP6 now uses the cgroup unified
hierarchy by default (cgroupv2).

Please check out the announcement blog post[3] for more details.

Notice for SLE Server for SAP

- The autoyast component of the YaST installer for SAP HANA (package
sap-installation-wizard) is not working, it will be fixed with the
next build.
- SAP ASE fails with the current SP6, for more details see SAP note
3425215 (https://me.sap.com/notes/3425215, SAP S-User ID
required).
- For SAP HANA, you need at a minimum HANA 2.0 SPS07 revision 72 (on
x86_64 platform) and revision 74 (on ppc64le platform).

Further notices will be posted in the Known Issues section[4].

More information

Schedule[5]
Changelog[6]
Known issues[7]

Questions?

If you have any questions, please contact us at
beta-programs at suse.com.

Your SUSE Linux Enterprise team

Click here to unsubscribe[7]

[1]:https://www.suse.com/c/how-suse-builds-its-enterprise-lin
ux-distribution-part-4/

[2]:https://suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#faq-reg
[3]:https://www.suse.com/c/suse-linux-enterprise-service-pack
-6-public-beta-is-now-available/

[4]:https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#issues
[5]:https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#releases
[6]:https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#notable
20SLE%20Public%20Beta%20Program&body=Unsubscribe%20from%20SLE
%20Public%20Beta%20Program