Question on kernel-devel package

Allan Graves allan.graves at oracle.com
Thu Mar 28 18:31:38 UTC 2024

Hi -
We are attempting to use the sles15 sp6 beta to build a kernel driver.

However, when attempting to install the kernel-devel package, it complains that 'elfutils-libelf-devel'  is not available.  I don't see this in the download media or anywhere else, where can we get this package for sles15 sp6?

PACKAGE                                       INSTALLATION
hostname                                      [OK]
wget                                          [OK]
make                                          [OK]
bc                                            [OK]
net-tools                                     [OK]
rsync                                         [OK]
perl                                          [OK]
binutils                                      [OK]
flex                                          [OK]
bison                                         [OK]
elfutils-libelf-devel                         [FAILED]
file                                          [OK]
nano                                          [FAILED]
vim                                           [OK]
binutils-devel                                [OK]
tar                                           [OK]
sudo                                          [OK]
awk                                           [OK]
libelf-devel                                  [OK]
gcc7-7.5.0+r278197-150000.4.35.1.x86_64       [OK]
RPM                                           COMPILATION
kernel-default-devel-6.4.0-150600.9.2.x86_64  [FAILED]
kernel-devel-6.4.0-150600.9.2.noarch          [FAILED]
kernel-macros-6.4.0-150600.9.2.noarch         [FAILED]
MODULE                                        COMPILATION
hello.c                                       [FAILED]Next errors found while trying to install packages in kroot:
 Package 'elfutils-libelf-devel' not found.