[Sle-hpc] Microservices and HPC

Nicolas Bock nicolas.bock at suse.com
Thu Jun 1 15:52:17 MDT 2017

I started doing some literature search on this and so far came up
with a master thesis that looked at a microservice design of a
parameter sweep of a reaction-diffusion simulation [1]. The
parallel efficiency is okish I would say, but definitely
encouraging. The study is pretty simple and more a proof of
concept than a fully developed application. So far I haven't come
up with anything else that uses microservices for a scientific
application.

I'll keep digging...

[1] http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A1045455&dswid=-5509