[sles-beta] SLES11-SP3 RC1

Klaus Gmeinwieser Klaus.Gmeinwieser at oce.com
Mon Apr 29 10:20:44 MDT 2013

Hi,

I did some testing on the RC1 today and got the following issues:

- Update from Beta4 to RC1 worked seamlessly for my configuration

- Fresh installation as unattended installation failed every time for
using regular boot parameters like

"autoyast=usb" or "autoyast=floppy"

- NFS V3 Server configured with YaST works, but share is not writeable
even if configured

/uPD *(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)

All of these problems apply to both of my test servers Fujitsu Tx150S5
(SAS) and TX150S7 (Sata).

I was able to get unattended installation work for using parameter
device://sdd1/autoinst.xml (for my USB Stick) or
device://fd0/autoinst.xml for using floppies. The keywords USB or floppy
do not work anymore.

In the KDE Menu - the "Terminal - Super User Mode" still opens a regular
user shell....

Will continue tomorrow with testing....

Regards
Klaus
--
Klaus Gmeinwieser

email: klaus.gmeinwieser at oce.com
voice: +49 8121 72 4358

Océ Printing Systems GmbH - A Canon Group Company

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.