[sles-beta] One issue with GUI 'Main Menu' and good news with IPv6 testing

Marcus Kraft mkraft at suse.com
Wed Feb 27 03:39:07 MST 2013

Jeff,

regarding IPv6 compatibility we should be on the save side.  SLES 11 successfully passed twice the USGv6 testing at the UNH-IOL.  The devices that have successfully completed the USGv6 testing at UNH-IOL are listed at below (you still need to search from Novell regrading SLES 11 SP1 and SP2).

https://www.iol.unh.edu/services/testing/ipv6/usgv6tested.php?company=105&type=#eqplist

We plan to pass the test again after SLES 11 SP3 is released (the test policies requires a release product), thus early feedback is highly appreciated. Again, SP2 succecced on the first pass, and we expect SP3 to be well prepared to repeat it.

Regards Marcus

PS: For those which have general interest in IPv6 and related testing pls visit https://www.iol.unh.edu/services/testing/ipv6/ .

Am Freitag 22 Februar 2013 16:50:14 schrieb Jeff Chapman:
> I’m running the SLES v11.3 Beta ...

> Otherwise, I’m currently doing extensive IPv6 compatibility testing between our products on SLES11.3 and our products hosted on other supported platforms, including Mac OSX, Windows and RHES6.4.  Fortunately, the GUI Main Menu issue doesn’t interfere very much with my testing.  For example, I’m still able to launch the network config tool from the system drawer and can open a Gnome terminal instead of a konsole.  Other than these GUI issues with the Main Menu, everything looks OK so far.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> Jeff Chapman
> QA Architect
> Database Division
>
> Tel: 512.231.6548
> Main: 800.287.4383
> Fax: 512.231.6010
> Jeff.Chapman at pervasive.com<mailto:Jeff.Chapman at pervasive.com>
>
> 12365-B Riata Trace Parkway
> Austin, TX 78727
> http://www.pervasive.com/
>

> NOTICE: All information in and attached to this email may be proprietary, confidential, privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure. If you are not the sender's intended recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this message.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards,

	Marcus Kraft

--
Marcus Kraft
Senior Product Manager - SUSE Linux Enterprise
mkraft at suse.com
(P) +49 911 74053-171
(F) +49 911 74053-483

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

"We Adapt. You Succeed"
www.suse.com
Follow us at twitter.com/SLE4Systemz