[sles-beta] Update SP2 to SP3 with zypper

Marcus Meissner meissner at suse.de
Wed Jul 10 07:26:14 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:59:02PM +0200, michael.baensch at dfs.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> maybe the maling list is still open.
>
> I saw that some people did these Updgrades durig the beta.
> But now with the Release(GM) of SP 3, there is no migration product  from
> the Update Repos as descriped in the doku and there is no new or TID for
> SP3.
>
> Is there are other way to do the zypper Update in the right way ?

We are still preparing the Online Migration, and it is currently blocked
by the Kernel version imbalance.

So the first kernel update will be released and afterwards we will
be enabling the online migration.

(Our planned deadline of the kernel update release is today, but
 so far it looks like it might need some additional time.)

Ciao, Marcus