[sles-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SLES 11 SP3 RC2 available - No RC3

Mark Post mpost at suse.com
Thu Jun 6 22:28:49 MDT 2013

>>> On 6/6/2013 at 07:25 PM, <Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au> wrote:
> Can someone explain the difference between GMC and GA? Can I deploy GMC and
> still be supported?

GMC = Gold Master Candidate.  If everything goes well, it could become the Gold Master (GM).  If everything doesn't go well, we could have a second GMC that gets tested.

If the md5sum checksum of the .iso file you have matches what becomes available for download after GA, then you would be supported.  If it doesn't, then not.  (My opinion on that, not an official statement of support.)

Mark Post