[sles-beta] Question concerning the kernel version SLES11-SP3 GMC2 compared with SLES11-SP2

urs.frey at post.ch urs.frey at post.ch
Wed Jun 19 06:28:35 MDT 2013

Hi

When installing and testing SLES11-SP3 GMC2 I notice, that the kernel version is 3.0.76-0.11-default
While SLES11-SP2 some days ago got an update to kernel version 3.0.80-0.5-default

Will we be downgrading the kernel version, when upgrading SLES11-SP2 to SLES11-SP3?
Of course internally in the kernel version of SLES11-SP3 there might be new enablement etc.
But the version numbers do confuse a bit.

Best regards

Urs Frey
Die Schweizerische Post
Services