[sles-beta] hw driver wacom tablet

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.de
Wed Mar 6 18:50:22 MST 2013

Hi,

On Mar 05, 13 13:39:09 +0100, michael.baensch at dfs.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is a seperation of kernel driver (included since kernel 3.0) and X11
> input driver (x11 input wacom comes with SLED).
> Maybe one of the SUSE people know, if there was an driver update, because
> there are/were new wacom tablets (HD Models) last year.

The answer depends a little bit on the type of device. If it's an USB
device, there's a good chance that it's suported in the kernel.
If it's  a serial device, then it's most likely not supported - we had no
update of x11-waco,mm, which would be required for that.

The problem with updating linuxwacom is that the most recent releases
require an update of the xorg server to something higher than 1.6 (which we
currently have). And an update of that is no option for a Service Pack.

I hope this helps, let me know if there's a specific device you see issues
with, so we can check if there's something we can/need to do.

        Stefan