[sles-beta] UEFI + PXE

Martin Wilck martin.wilck at ts.fujitsu.com
Thu Mar 7 11:18:09 MST 2013

Is there documentation somewhere how to configure a server to
boot the SLES11 SP3 installation via UEFI + PXE?

 - What boot loader EFI binary should be used for PXE?
 - How should the configuration look like for the boot loader?
 - Can I use the ordinary "linux" and "initrd" files from the ISO image?
 - anything else?

Currently I am using a GRUB1 bootloader with a config file looking like
this:

title SLES11-SP3
	root (nd)
	kernel /sles11-sp3/boot/x86_64/loader/linux
install=http://192.168.253.5/install/suse/ix86/sles11-sp3
	initrd /sles11-sp3/boot/x86_64/loader/initrd

I see that kernel and initrd are loaded by GRUB, but then, nothing
happens. With a Fedora 18 kernel + initrd, the installation starts.

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck
PRIMERGY System Software Engineer