[sles-beta] SLES Storage / MD RAID feature

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Mar 15 08:58:47 MDT 2013

On 2013-03-15T13:47:42, Decker Maximilian <Maximilian.Decker at cancom.de> wrote:

Hi Maximilian,

> General recommendation in Linux land (AFAIK) sees LVM for just the volume pools and MD as the
> RAID layer (so no LVM RAID).

Yes. For non-clustered mirrors, this is preferrable.

> So, long story short - something like this already on the SLES roadmap ?
> Or maybe already there and I just missed it ?
> (/proc/mdstat only shows a very generic form of status display here)

I don't have access to a non-Linux system, so I'm not sure what you're
asking.

Are you asking for something to show you which regions in the md bitmap
are dirty?

(The MD device always syncs as a whole, you don't get to pick which parts
to sync exclusively. This will not change.)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA