[sles-beta] SLES for VMware & vmware-tools

Decker Maximilian Maximilian.Decker at cancom.de
Fri Mar 22 10:44:17 MDT 2013

Well if that is an official statement from SuSE then I would be happy to rely on the ABI being stable within service packs ;-)
I was not aware of that, thanks for clarifying.

However I remember we once had an issue with a changed ABI within SLES 11 SP1, according to my notes it was bnc#625674 that
broke things a bit around ixgbe (fiber nic). It was a quite special case, though, and I can't tell if that one might have
had affected vmware modules at all, but things like that just make me prefer a bit of a conservative approach here...
But I'm starting to get off topic, never mind.

Just better start finding solutions to include vmware-tools instead of reasons against ;-)
(no offense, more like a glimmer of hope)

And thanks to the list in general, really was quite informative on that specific topic.

- Maximilian