[sles-beta] SLES11-SP2 RC2 first experience

Klaus Gmeinwieser Klaus.Gmeinwieser at oce.com
Tue May 21 05:54:44 MDT 2013

Hi All,

I installed RC2 on several servers also with our own application...

--OK :)--

- Unattended Installation works again

- Quick test on ftp,samba server and client works fine

- root konsole start menu entry in KDE is okay

--Questions--

NFS file transfer seems to periodically (every 10s) freeze the client
(KDE4) for about a second if client copies a large file to remote server

--Still not OK :(--

- Screensaver configuration in KDE Control Center is still broken

- Xnest connection from SP3 to SP3 via XDMCP produces unuseable
graphics, Xephyr works fine

Will do some deeper tests these days and post my results.

Thanks to all for the good work!!!!
Klaus

--
Klaus Gmeinwieser

email: klaus.gmeinwieser at oce.com
voice: +49 8121 72 4358

Océ Printing Systems GmbH - A Canon Group Company

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.