[sles-beta] /var/adm/autoinstall/cache/installed.xml file missing

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Wed May 25 04:46:17 MDT 2016

On Wed, May 25, LOIC DEVULDER wrote:

> C1-INTERNAL
>
> Hello all!
>
> It seems that the installed.xml file in /var/adm/autoinstall/cache is not generated anymore, and I can't find howto activate it during the installation.
> Is it normal? It's good to have this file, I use it to be the base for an automated deployment using AutoYaST.

/var/adm/autoinstall/cache is clearly a directory, on which content
you should not relay and which you should not use.
I guess this was temporary generated when generating /root/autoinst.xml
during installation. So it can contain anything.

/root/autoinst.xml is no longer generated during installation (that's why
you don't see the temporary files any longer), because with SLE12 it is
missing far too many configuration stuff.

You need to create the autoinst.xml file now in the running system with
corresponding YaST2 modules. This will also make sure on SLE12, that
the xml file is really complete and not missing 50% of the stuff.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)