[sles-beta] SLES12 Beta - Running on VMware Workstation - English (UK)

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Tue Feb 25 01:41:07 MST 2014

Hello Dick and all,

On 2014-02-25 T 08:31 +0000 Waite, Dick wrote:

> I had the feeling yesterday evening that SLES v12
> Beta would run on a VMware Workstation. I have tried
> a Workstation 10 and 9 and it crashes. It's found
> the VMWare devices, and then comes out with:

> Linuxrc crashed. :-((
> Press ENTER to continue.
>
> And if you do press ENTER

Confirmed also using KVM (i.e. it is not a VMware only
issue). Chosing "English (UK)" in the bootloader
before Installation -> crash; keeping "Englisch (US)"
or chosing "German" -> no crash.

Thanks for finding!

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com