[sles-beta] openvswitch and Yast2

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Wed Feb 26 06:57:05 MST 2014

Hello,

On 2014-02-26 T 13:31 +0100 Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:

> is it planed to integrate the openvswitch configuration
> in YasT2 Network?

Open vSwitch integration with YaST is not planned. In my
perspective, Open vSwitch shall be configured via the
infrastructure, i.e. a cloud environment, and thus does
not fit a local configuration tool such as YaST.

> a other thing, is it really not planed to have a network
> configuration by a local Installation, or is this only
> possible with registration Module.

Indeed, the Network Configuration should be _before_ the
Registration Module, i.e. always available.

Please file a Service Request thus we track this bug.

Thanks for finding.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com