[sles-beta] Antw: Re: sssd and AD integration

Martin Jedamzik mjedamzik at novell.com
Thu Feb 27 04:18:19 MST 2014

Hi Lawton,

thanks for the answer, just checked my installed packages:

sles12-3:~ # rpm -qa|grep sssd
sssd-1.11.3-1.29.x86_64
sssd-32bit-1.11.3-1.29.x86_64
sssd-tools-1.11.3-1.29.x86_64
sssd-ldap-1.11.3-1.29.x86_64
python-sssd-config-1.11.3-1.29.x86_64
sssd-krb5-common-1.11.3-1.29.x86_64

But still:

sles12-3:~ # ls -la /usr/lib/sssd/libsss_ad.so
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/sssd/libsss_ad.so: No such file or directory

and:

sles12-3:~ # ls -la /usr/lib/sssd/libsss_ad.so
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/sssd/libsss_ad.so: No such file or directory

As far as I understand this library is needed for the AD integration. Of course a workaround via Domain/LDAP and
Kerberos will be possible, but
I wonder why the library is with OpenSuSE and not with SLES12.

Regards,

Martin