[sles-beta] Getting KDE running

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Thu Feb 27 05:48:10 MST 2014

Hi again.

> Many Thanks for the update Marcus, so no KDE on SLED or SLES but one could still used openSUSE 13-1 as your remote desktop which has as you say KDE as default. This afternoon it's time for fun with zLinux and setting up our REXX exec's, very happy they are still there ;o)

That's at least what I have figured out, not that I support it.

The state of GNOME Classic in SLED is still very rough and it does not
offer a usable Desktop Environment atm. There are still a lot of open
issues and some might not even get fixed, due to technical limitations.

I would also suggest to re-add KDE as valid Desktop option, at least to
SLED.

Greets
Marcus