[sles-beta] XFS and ACL....

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Thu Feb 27 08:59:21 MST 2014

Hello Stephan² and all,

On 2014-02-27 T 14:48 +0100 Stephan.Joerrens at gad.de wrote:

> With XFS as default for /home i still wonder why
> there are still the limit of about 21 ACL rules pro
> file/directory.

I received feedback from our engineering team that the
limit should be significantly higher, _if_ you created
the filesystem with SLES 12.

If the filesystem is an old / formerly existing one,
this limitation is expected.

We are currently evaluating, if somewhere in the
installation process a limiting switch is used.

Stay tuned.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com