[sles-beta] IBM XIV driver pack support

Mark Post mpost at suse.com
Thu Feb 27 14:41:53 MST 2014

>>> On 2/27/2014 at 05:31 AM, Darren Thompson <darrent at akurit.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Beta team
>
> Does anyone know if IBM are "in the loop" to produce an updated SAN driver
> for their XIV storage.
>
> The software is "hard coded" to kernel version etc so they will need to
> update it.
>
> If IBM are "in the loop" is there any way we can get hold of a copy for
> testing with SLES12beta?

IBM has been a big part of the feature request process for SLE12.  That doesn't mean that all groups within IBM are aware of what's happening, however.  It would probably be a good idea for you to open up a service request, either with IBM or SUSE, to get the conversation started, just to make sure.  And, while you're at it, let IBM know that checking for specific kernel versions is a _really_ bad idea.  :)

Mark Post