[sles-beta] XFS and ACL....

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Thu Feb 27 16:36:57 MST 2014

Hello all,

On 2014-02-28 T 07:31 +1100 Darren Thompson wrote:

> Is there a tunefs type option to update the superblock
> version or is it a remove and re-create operation?

my understanding is that an update to the v5 superblock
will need a mkfs.xfs operation, but I might be wrong.

> Or was the availability of the V5 superblock just left
> out by accidental omission?

current status: the kernel in SLES 12 Beta1 could do v5
superblocks, but the tools don't do it. This won't be
fixed for Beta2, I think; investigation is ongoing.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com