[sles-beta] Getting KDE running

Waite, Dick Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Fri Feb 28 09:05:53 MST 2014

Grand End of Month,

Looking forward to Beta 2 and a working desktop. I will work via OS 13-1 and remote access to SLES 12 or maybe to kill two birds with one RDP use KDE from RHEL v7 and check two beta's at the same time ;o) ( joke).

I do think a little more notice from SUSE that they are dropping KDE would have been welcome, Jan comment, "When desktop environments are concerned there is a de facto industry standard which is GNOME, which also has been the default installation option with SLE 11." can be taken with a little salt. I did a quick show of hands in SAG and found very few GNOME users, but then we are also "Gray hairs".

zLinux seems to be broken, so looks like a quiet weekend, no Six nations either.

__R