[sles-beta] FTP

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Sat Mar 8 02:11:30 MST 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, David Boyes wrote:

> Sorry, that's not an improvement, that's a cost, and a pointless, needless variation vs any other Linux distribution.

???

Since we use now the same ftp client as any other Linux Distribution (what,
of course depends on the definition of "any other Linux Distribution"),
I don't understand your complain. You should be happy that you can now
use the same script like on "any other Linux Distribution".

At least if you define Debian, Fedora and RHEL as "any other
Linux Distribution".
Between, other BSDs use lftp, too.
To be honest, SLE11 was the only remaining distribution using
lukemftp, I was not able to find any other. Ok, netbsd is still
using it (as it is coming from netbsd) and of course since Debian
contains everything, you still can find it there. But that was it.

  Thorsten