[sles-beta] First round of testing with SLES12 Beta2

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Mar 19 10:05:30 MDT 2014

Thanks!.
I can readily reproduce this problem every time.  In fact, I'm wondering how anyone has managed to configure this and get it working on beta 2, without hand editting files?  Here are the steps that I follow immediately after install, and the results:

Steps to set IP address/do network config
"yast lan"
edit controller
select "statically assigned ip address"
enter correct IP address/subnet mask/hostname
select next
select "hostname/dns" tab
Enter correct info for:  hostname/domain name/name servers/domain search
(At this point, "modify dns configuration" is set to "use default policy"
switch to "routing" tab
Enter correct IPV4 route
reboot

At this point, there are no DNS servers in resolv.conf, the policy is set back to "only manually", and the policy can't be changed.

I'm curious if there is any set of steps that one can follow to not have this situation occur, and why others have not encountered/reported it?  It seems that everyone doing an installation of beta 2 would have encountered this.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer