[sles-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SLES 12 Beta3 is available

Simon Flood S.M.Flood at ucs.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 08:18:57 MDT 2014

On 21/03/2014 11:57, Uwe Drechsel wrote:

> Sorry for the trouble.
>
> We recently switched from Akami to Edgecast to improve the overall
> download experience. The main server is still with Novell in the US,
> Edgecast spreads from there.
>
> The last files have been uploaded a few hours ago, we'll keep an eye on
> this.

Hmm I'm still getting the Beta2 versions of both the MD5SUMS and
SHA1SUMS files.

I did wonder about your reference to Edgecast given all the file
download URLs still include "&mirror=AkamaiHost".

Fortunately it's only the *SUMS files so I can at least be installing
Beta 3 whilst occasionally retrying downloads.

Note the HA *SUMS files were correct at first attempt.

Note also that the HA *SUMS files have dates/times of 20 March 20:36 (as
kept by using wget) whereas the SLES12 ones are 7 Mar 16:08, the latter
date being when Beta 2 was released for testing ...

Unless others are seeing the same perhaps we should take this off-list.
Please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks.
--
Simon Flood
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner