[sles-beta] Apparmor, rsyslogd

Bjoern Lotz bjoern.lotz at suse.com
Wed Mar 26 11:05:19 MDT 2014

Hi,

installed SLES 12 Beta3 and started to orient myself.

What I noticed:

In /etc/apparmor.d/, there are profiles for syslog and syslog-ng
(these are not part of the installation media), but there is no
profile for rsyslogd.

I tried to create a profile for rsyslogd:

genprof /usr/sbin/rsyslogd

result:

Can't find include file abstractions/libvirt-driver: No such file or
directory

So I went to yast2, the apparmor module allows me to create an initial
profile, but does not set it to enforce mode, which effectively blocks
rsyslogd completely.

Manually put it to complain mode, restarted rsyslogd.

Tried to update the profile:

aa-logprof

result:

Can't find include file abstractions/libvirt-driver: No such file or
directory

There is indeed no such file in the abstractions directory.

grepping for libvirt-driver in /etc/apparmor.d/ brings up
libvirt/TEMPLATE:  #include <abstractions/libvirt-driver>
(no idea if this is related).

Is there some know workaround? (Didn't see something related in
Bugzilla yet.)

Kind regards,

Björn

- --
Dr. Björn Lotz, Instructional Designer, CISSP
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 89 8639 9664  Mobil: +49 173 5876724
bjoern.lotz at suse.com       PGP-ID: 0xD437D363
SUSE Linux GmbH, Nürnberg; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer