[sles-beta] Update regarding Beta4

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Fri Apr 4 06:39:47 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I want to update you about the current status of SLES 12 Beta4.

We struggled with some last minute bugfixes during this week, which took
more time than expected. But as the bugs included some serious issues that
would have impacted quite a lot of people, we decided to rather be late
with Beta 4 than to be on time but faulty.

But finally we have an image that is currently checked thoroughly by our
QA. If no show stoppers are found, we expect the release from QA later
today.

Given that uploading and distributing the images on the Servers will take a
while, we recommend not to wait for Beta4 today. People in the US might see
the images appear on the Beta download page today, but we cannot gurantee
it.

We are sorry for the delay, but - even accepting that a Beta image has
issues - we wanted to be in a better shape than we were on Monday.
If we found a show stopper, we will inform you about a new delivery date,
but currently we are not expecting anything.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience the delay may
cause,
        Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Project Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)