[sles-beta] Beta 4 installation detail

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Mon Apr 7 03:04:32 MDT 2014

     I am installing beta 4 and this is a good time to mention an
annoyance. When in the compendium screen choosing amongst software,
booting, system and such, we can select the default run level (console
vs gui). I choose console mode. The screen then comes back in red
letters saying that it knows far better than me and I should be a GUI
only consumer. Well, really!
     Please remove such helpful advice. The installing person makes the
decisions.
     Further on this. The menu choice text reads "Default systemd
target" which is about as obscure as one can make this. You can see my
choice of terms above, console or GUI.
     Thanks,
     Joe D.