[sles-beta] SLES12 Beta4 manual installation Yast network issue hostname does not get written into /etc/hosts

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Mon Apr 7 09:26:15 MDT 2014

Hi Urs,

Am Montag, 7. April 2014, 14:58:40 schrieb urs.frey at post.ch:
> Hi
>
> When installing SLES12 x86_64 manually I can see the network configuration
> menu with the tabs as known in Yast2 under Network Devices

On witch place you can found the network configuration menu ?

I would install with a static configuration, but I never found a network
configuration menu :( ;)

My install configuration is always DHCP and I have to change it afterward.

> When editing the device under Overview everything OK
> When editing Hostname/DNS, only /etc/resolv.conf gets filled out. NOK
> /etc/hosts has only 127.0.0.1       localhost entry When editing Routing
> tab, the routing entry gets written OK
>
> After installation, when going into yast I can see, that under Hostname/DNS
> there stands still hostname=Linux and Domain Name=site
>
> So during the installation, somehow the input was not taken.

Yes, the YaST network module have many, many bugs

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer