[sles-beta] Beta 4 installation, network

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Mon Apr 7 11:16:01 MDT 2014

Hello Joe and all,

On 2014-04-07 T 10:12 +0100 Joe Doupnik wrote:

> Another beta 4 installation problem.  The network
> configuration is not requested during the basic
> installation steps. The system comes up on the network
> using DHCP. It may very well be that we do not want
> the server coming up that way.  The installation steps
> should include a proper network setup section before
> it goes onto the wires.

as said in my other mail: yes, this is work in progress.
We are aware that not everybody has DHCP or wants to use
the result of DHCP for a Server installation, ...

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com