[sles-beta] OpenSSL Heartbleed

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Thu Apr 10 06:23:29 MDT 2014

Hello Simona and all,

On 2014-04-10 T 13:20 +0100 Simon Flood wrote:

> I'm sure it's in hand but just to note that the
> version of OpenSSL included in SLES12 Beta 4 appears
> to be 1.0.1f without protection from CVE-2014-0160.
>
> I guess ditto for SLED12 too.

well, we don't assume that anybody uses SLE 12 Beta4 on
a machine which provides a service to the public
internet (beyond probably ssh, which is safe).

That said, a fix in SLE 12 Beta5 is sufficient in our
perspective, and will be provided.

Or am I mistaken with my assumption above?

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com