[sles-beta] Secure Boot and ASUS

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at suse.com
Thu Apr 10 08:26:48 MDT 2014

Le jeudi 10 avril 2014 à 14:30 +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have a question to secure Boot with ASUS Boards.
>
> I have a small asus Server and test it with SLES 12 Beta 4 installing with
> active Secure Boot. This is not working.
>
> Then I test it with last ubuntu server, this is normal booting from CD?
>
> I found in the NVRAM a asus, microsoft and canonical Key., I mean this is the
> answer that ubuntu is booting.
>
> Is it possible to create SUSE DVDs that have the same functionality without a
> key in the NVRAM?

You don't need a key in NVRAM, since our shim loader has been signed
with Microsoft key.

However, it looks like some systems are not booting properly with SLES
12 Beta4 on Secure Boot. Could you test SLES 11 SP3 ISO and see if they
were working or not ?

And please open a service request to ensure we check your problem is the
same we identified internally or another one.

Thanks !

--
Frederic Crozat
Project Manager Enterprise Desktop