[sles-beta] xorg.conf missing

Donald Vosburg dvosburg at suse.com
Mon Apr 21 07:25:40 MDT 2014

Yes, this is normal for newer (dynamic) xorg configuration.  The system detects video and attempts to display based on that detection.  Thus the now-deprecated sax2 application is unnecessary.

You can override this with the static files under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ if necessary - but the design is for it to work without a fixed /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Don Vosburg
Sales Engineer
SUSE Linux
dvosburg at suse.com
cell 765.278.2505

>>> Günther J.Niederwimmer <gjn at gjn.priv.at> 04/21/14 4:41 AM >>>
Hello,

Is this "normal" in SLES 12 that we have no xorg.conf, I found only a
xorg.conf.install in /etc/X11 (?) after the installation.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer