[sles-beta] KDE Desktop not available?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Apr 23 15:53:19 MDT 2014

This is really bad news.
All of the servers I support are using KDe for their GUI, and I run it exclusively as my primary desktop.
I find Gnome to be nearly unusable as a productivity interface.
Has there been any thought about what effect that will have on upgrading servers with only KDE installed?
-jt

>>> "Beddingfield, Allen" <allen at ua.edu> 4/23/2014 4:27 PM >>>
Hi James,
I didn't realize you were on here!
This one got hashed out pretty early on...  apparently the decision has been made the Gnome will be the one/only desktop for SLES/SLED in version 12.
Allen B.
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer