[sles-beta] Yast auto install features

Josef Reidinger jreidinger at suse.com
Wed Apr 30 07:01:16 MDT 2014

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:45:15 +0200
"Stephan Mueller" <stephan.mueller at atsec.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as Yast is rewritten I am wondering whether the auto install features
> survived and where they are documented (or are they still identical
> to SLES11?)?

Hi,
autoyast feature survived. To make it clear YaST was transpiled to ruby,
not rewritten, so all code survived unless we changed it later based on
feature requests.
In general a lot of parts of SLE11 documentation is still valid. I know
only about runlevel -> services change that is related to different way
how initd and systemd works. And about bootloader as grub2 is now only
supported bootloader, so if you have old config for grub1 or similar
for other archs, it won't work ( I do not try what will be exact
behavior if it will be silently reproposed or ends up in error ).
I do not know about any recent SLE12 autoyast documentation.

Josef