[sles-beta] Missing Software packages on SLES12 but available on SLES11

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Mon May 12 08:20:53 MDT 2014

Hello Klaus and all,

On 2014-05-12 T 16:07 +0200 Klaus Gmeinwieser wrote:

> while looking for packages we used with our SLES11
> Builds I encountered that some packages being part of
> SLES11 DVD will not be part of SLES12.
>
> Missing is at least for my first check:
>
> - a2ps

removed on purpose; our recommendation is enscript.

> - xrdp

This seems to be missing, but should be there
(FATE#317086).  Please open an SR, and we'll take
it from there.

> - ulimit

This is not necessary anymore, as "ulimit" like
limitations should be defined via systemd.

> - jpeg

The shared libraries are there. Do you mean the
commandline tools?  If yes, please open an SR, and
we'll discuss internally.

> - mozilla-xulrunner

If I remember, the Mozilla people stopped xulrunner
to be packaged separately, but I might be wrong.

> Is this correct that these packages/functionality
> disappear? Has the packaging of the RPMs changed?
>
> Or is the package list of SLES12 not yet final?

Hope, my comments help.

so long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com