[sles-beta] YaST2 dont find a driver - Upgrade to SLE 12 - Gnome from SLE 11-3 with KDE

Waite, Dick Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Tue May 13 23:33:51 MDT 2014

Grand New Day,

May I add a few words to Günther email. I have " a lot " of QE and user machines running SLE 11-2 and 11-3, they all run KDE. I have found Beta6 is making the upgrade better, but when you get into the upgraded machine it's sitting on a command prompt, and our users / customers would be expecting a Display Manager (GNOME)

I think it would be very helpful if SUSE give us *DETAILED* information on how they would like their thousands of happy KDE users running SLE 11 to update / upgrade to SLE 12 running Gnome.

What to do before starting the upgrade, the steps needed one by one and then what to do after the upgrade.

I have found removing the Network hardware and software before attempting the upgrade give one a better chance of success, but as I have had many years of happily running SuSE and SUSE on KDE and never used the good Gnome in the past I'd like a little help in getting the steps *right*. Then maybe we can start checking their own application.

Many Thanks,

__R