[sles-beta] New and additional home for root??

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Wed May 14 02:43:04 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 10:38 +0200, Klaus Gmeinwieser wrote:
> The original "/root" which is populated with files and also a new
> "/home/root" with all of the files from /etc/skel directory.
>
> I activated "ROOT_USES_LANG" and also I preset the password within my
> autoinst.xml file...
>
> Is this a new "feature" I missed?

On my Beta 6 machines, I only have /root and not /home/root - I do not
think what you're seeing is intentional.

This includes 2 machines which were installed using AutoYaST, however
neither used ROOT_USES_LANG so that would be where I suspect this might
have been triggered

Hope this helps,
Richard
  Richard Brown, QA Engineer
  Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax +4991174053-483
  SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
  Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer,
  HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)