[sles-beta] php disappeared in beta6?

Klaus Gmeinwieser Klaus.Gmeinwieser at oce.com
Thu May 15 05:25:15 MDT 2014

Hello Matthias,

I understand the approach to get possibilities to have 10zears of
support and also to be able to migrate to newer versions of software so
to have more flexibility.

As of our way we deliver software to the customers, we have the absolute
need to have installation medias keeping the whole process offline. So
from what I understand, I can get packages via SMT to be installed on a
SLES connected to the SMT. Will there be any kind of Addon Medias, Will
there be a way to include software packages in a default installation
without playing disc jockey? How will the patch/update process be done?
One offline Iso per channel?

I will not talk about any upgrade from SLES11 to SLES12 issues, which
will only be possible with a internet (or at least SMT) enabled server?

What, if the customer is located somewhere "close to nowhere", without
SMT and without propper internet?

Again, this issue came up WITHOUT any message before it was detected by
the BETA testers. What was the original plan of SUSE to make an official
announcement of these changes (as with KDE)?

Please give me answers to my concerns!

Rgds
Klaus

Am 15.05.2014 13:06, schrieb Matthias G. Eckermann:
> Hello all,
>
> On 2014-05-15 T 10:17 +0000 urs.frey at post.ch wrote:
>
>> YES I am behind an SMT, the only allowed contact
>> to NCC and possible repository sources so far.  So
>> when modules are only available online and SMT on
>> SLES11-SP3 can't see them, there is no test
>> possibility.  SMT for SLE-12 shall be ready
>> someday after release of SLES12 and there is also
>> a change from NCC to SCC.  I wonder how all this
>> will work
>
> SMT 11 SP3 will (get an update) and be able to mirror
> SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 related repositories, and
> yes, this certainly includes the Modules.
>
> In other words: if you have a way to work with
> maintenance updates provided by SUSE in a structured
> way, you will also be able to work with Modules.
>
> Others already sent more details on the benefits of
> Modules for keeping SLES "fresh" and attractive.
>
> HTH -
>       MgE

Klaus Gmeinwieser
T +49 (0)8121 72 4358 F +49 (0)8121 72 3173
E klaus.gmeinwieser at oce.com W www.oce.com

Océ Printing Systems GmbH & Co. KG • A Canon Group Company
P.O. Box 1260 • 85581 Poing
Siemensallee 2 • 85586 Poing • Germany

Océ enables its customers to manage their documents efficiently and
effectively by offering
innovative print and document management products and services for
professional
environments.

Océ Printing Systems GmbH & Co. KG
The company is a limited partnership with its registered office in Poing
– Trade Register HRA 100955 (Amtsgericht München) – WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 888
05 443

General Partner: Océ Printing Systems Geschäftsführungsgesellschaft mbH
Registered Office: Poing – Trade Register HRB 206480 (Amtsgericht München)
Executive Officer: André Mittelsteiner
This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message. Thank you for your co-operation.