[sles-beta] php disappeared in beta6?

Matthias G. Eckermann mge at suse.com
Fri May 16 05:43:49 MDT 2014

On 2014-05-16 T 11:47 +0100 Simon Flood wrote:

> I'm certainly finding that I'm now using OBS more than
> before to provide newer versions of packages than
> included with SLES (i.e.  freeradius-server) or
> packages missing (i.e. nfdump). When that's happening
> for "core" packages (and I consider PHP to be core)
> then I'll start looking at other distros as I'm sure
> my colleagues across the University also will.

I am afraid that you are contradicting yourself a bit:
if you are able to use OBS, you _are_ online, and thus
there is no reason to not use the Modules either from
SCC or from an SMT or SUSE Manager (both with the
appropriate repositories preloaded).

So long -
	MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann     Senior Product Manager   SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Phone: +49 30 44315731    Mobile: +49 179 2949448    E-Mail: mge at suse.com