[sles-beta] YAST2 apps through SSH

Darren Thompson darrent at akurit.com.au
Sun May 18 19:16:01 MDT 2014

Team

I'm observing a recurring error in YAST2 apps via ssh

If I SSH to the SLES12 server (ssh -X root@{serverip} ) and then run yast2
I get the yast screen as expected.
If I then try to run one of the yast2 sub applications (e.g. disk
partitioner) the action seems to fail and never launches.

If i get the module list (yast2 -l) and then run the module directly from
the command prompt in the ssh session (e.g. yast2 disk) the module runs
correctly.

When the module actually fails, this is what appears in the ssh session:"
GTK GUI wanted but not found, falling back to Qt.

** (y2controlcenter-gnome:2206): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to
accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-qxvaBUyMzH:
Connection refused
/usr/bin/xdg-su: line 503:  2244 Segmentation fault      xterm -geom 60x5
-T "xdg-su: $cmd" -e su -c "$cmd"
"

When run from the command line (works) this is what I get: "
 GTK GUI wanted but not found, falling back to Qt.
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details."

Am I the only person seeing this and should I raise an SR for it?

Darren
--

Darren Thompson

Professional Services Engineer / Consultant

 *[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7C0C.6C6A2AE0]*

Level 3, 60 City Road

Southgate, VIC 3006

Mb: 0400 640 414

Mail: darrent at akurit.com.au <steve at akurit.com.au>