[sles-beta] php disappeared in beta6?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Tue May 20 05:12:17 MDT 2014

On 2014-05-20T11:57:30, Joe Doupnik <jrd at netlab1.net> wrote:

>     Thanks for chiming in Kai. Your comments simply reinforce what I
> speculated about. Removal has nothing, nada, to do with offering more, as
> anyone can see at first glance. It has everything to do with the people who
> want customers to use the "more" facility. Thus the attempts at gloss and
> justification continue.

Joe, I'm extremely sorry you feel this way, but this is simply not true.

We've heard you that our assumption that every server must have *some*
way of deploying updates to it at install and/or runtime in a
not-too-troublesome way was too strong and will consider what we can do
to make it easier to package/bundle those modules somehow, I'm sure.

(Assuming that some party wants to merely gloss over and/or justify
their process/engineering decisions is a double-edged sword.)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA