[sles-beta] php disappeared in beta6?

Pieter Hollants pieter.hollants at dfs.de
Tue May 20 05:21:39 MDT 2014

Well, in the end you're transferring more and more packaging work to the end customer, which, at some point, leaves the question why we shouldn't just use CoreOS anyway. Especially considering the fact that you just removed KDE without any recently timely announcement that would have saved us from investing €€€ on porting a critical internal project from fvwm to kdm/kwin.

Why so complicated? Why not just leave the medium as it was AND go the modules route for additional/updated packages? That way everyone has a choice and SUSE can fulfill both existing support expections AND requests for newer packages.