[sles-beta] php disappeared in beta6?

Joe Doupnik jrd at netlab1.net
Tue May 20 08:03:08 MDT 2014

     Golly, this particular discussion has focused on the SUSE strong
preference to patch instantly, the removal of some functionality, and
patching to regain it. If we want what's been removed (PHP so far,
Matthias will likely tell us more next week) then we are obliged to use
the patch channels to regain it. In my view all told that's rather
compelling, or if you prefer coercive.
     As to where this is coming from, it's SUSE, but beyond that we in
the field do not know and many of us are distinctly unhappy about the
matter.
     Joe D.