[sles-beta] php disappeared in beta6?

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Tue May 20 12:35:17 MDT 2014

On 2014-05-20 20:02, Tony Ernst wrote:
> One more data point...
>
> I originally discovered that php was missing when I tried to build a
> package that has the dependency BuildRequires:php5-devel
>
> The build is done in a chroot using packages from the SLES12 and SDK12
> media.
>
> The php5-devel rpm is on the SDK12 Beta6 media. But it turns out that
> it's
> uninstallable, because php5-devel has a dependency on php5, which is
> not
> on any of the media. This just seems wrong.
>
> Tony

I sympathize, I found a very similar issue with the HA Extension, the
solution being adding the HA Extension in order to be able to make the
correct use of the relevant SDK packages.

This is actually covered in the SDK readme, which explains that the SDK
is for SLES, SLED, and it's extensions, and some packages may not work
without the the presence of the appropriate product.

When it comes to this kind of thing, I find it beneficial to think of
Modules very much like I think of SLE Extensions

Hope this helps,
- Richard

   Richard Brown, QA Engineer
   Phone +4991174053-361,  Fax +4991174053-483
   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
   Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer,
   HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)